Tuesday, January 8, 2008

We Have A Published Author In Our Midst!

Karen recently had a letter published in the 2008 Winter edition of Subaru's "Drive" magazine. Karen is Col. Potter's Officer for the Post Adoption Team!

Heart ... it's what makes a rescue worker a RESCUE WORKER.
Attitude ... it's what makes a Cairn a CAIRN!

Gone to the Dogs
I am owned by two cairn terriers (or terrorists as their behavior dictates) who love to ride in my Subaru Forester! They come along, always seat belted in, as often as allowed. But more importantly, my Subaru transports rescued cairn terriers out of horrible living conditions, and into a safe foster home. They will get all needed veterinary care, top-quality nutrition, a clean place to sleep, and fresh outdoor spaces for play. And they will get a foster family to love them until their forever family comes along.

Of course, I am not the only transporter. A total of 433 drivers have transported dogs so far this year. In road miles, the transport team has logged almost 155,000 miles as of August 30. We usually drive between four and eight hours round trip. Because my Subaru is so dependable, I never hesitate to commit to drive. So yes, my Subaru is definitely “for the dogs” in the most positive literal sense!
- Karen G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!