Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dina Update For Wednesday And Thursday - Written By Her Foster Mom

To read previous blogs on Dina click here.


Yesterday was kind of quiet and we seemed to go a bit backwards as Dina didn't seem to want to be in the living room with everyone else. I finally got smart and opened the wire crate in the living room so she could go into it. That made all the difference in the world. She spent all afternoon and evening there with the door open.

Bigger and better things today: we got some tail wags and Dina is a lot more willing and able to take treats from my fingers. I don't have to stretch my arm as far as it will go to get her to take a treat (kibble) from my fingers anymore. She is coming closer and closer. She will come back repeatedly for repeat treats. She will come when another dog is getting treats to see if she gets extras AND her tail is not always pointing down!!!

I came downstairs the other morning to find that dear hubby had taken all the dogs out together so I continued with that. Dina wore her leash and I dropped it to the ground when outside, but I made sure I could grab it if she began to have problems with another dog. Today she's following the other kids in and out without a leash.

Tomorrow morning we'll take her to my vet to get her stitches out. That's NOT going to make her happy as she's still not happy to be held. Please keep her in your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!