Friday, July 4, 2008

Do You Remember Miracle? (Entry Three)

Some Col. Potter cairns develop their own "fan club" and such is the case with Miracle. For the next few days we'll be posting his story - how he came into Col. Potter, his surgery, life with his Foster Mom and "nurse" and a wonderful update from his Forever Home. Do you remember Miracle? (To read previous entries click here.)

The following post was written June 4, 2006 by the CPCRN volunteer that picked up Miracle from the animal shelter:

When I see dog rescues on TV, I think "Oh no, just put him to sleep quickly so he doesn't have to suffer".

When I got Miracle out of the shelter, I was thinking the same. He was so sad and suffering so. I was relieved when the vet said they'd knock him out quickly to look at his wounds. At least he wouldn't be hurting anymore for a little while. Then visiting him those first few days when he was still obviously hurting and miserable was hard to watch.

But to see him now, it was soooooo worth it! He doesn't dwell on those miserable days like a human might - he's just thrilled to wake up, go outside, get petted and look adoringly at me. I will think differently now when I hear about other sad cases who have been rescued. It is worth the trouble and pain and sadness to see them come around and be happy again. He has made me happy; he's made all the staff at the vet's office happy and he's make all of you reading about him happy.

Whoever ends up with Miracle is going to get a really nice friendly loving little buddy. It's probably good that he's moving out of my house on Tuesday because I'm getting pretty darn attached. Especially yesterday when he started jumping on my leg and licking my ear.... Time for him to share the love with the next person in line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!