Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Here's Dinozzo!

Welcome Dinozzo, a cute little one year old male cairn. We were notified by a lady from an animal shelter that he was surrendered by his owners. The owner stated that they had him for 2 months, having found him as a stray, and that he had not been vetted. They stated that he was friendly, housebroken, affectionate and high energy. Cheryl N. was good enough to drop everything Saturday afternoon to go pick him up and get him to the vet to be boarded and vetted this week. Here is Cheryl's first hand observation of Dinosso: What a cutie! He's a wheaten brindle, very nicely marked, and weighs 13.1 lbs. He seems to love people, including children. (He wanted to go play with the small children waiting at the animal shelter.) When he was brought out from the back of the shelter, he ran up and threw himself at my feet for me to rub his tummy. When I stopped, he jumped up to kiss me. Although I was manhandling his wiggly little self, trying to get a harness on him, he was fine with being handled. He was good with my Annie, if a bit enthusiastic, but when a female pit bull came into the vet and growled at him, he went into aggressive mode and wanted very much to go let her know who was boss. He seemed to think I was rather poor spirited when I insisted that he not do so. At any rate, I don't really think he'll be hard to place. Thanks Cheryl for being so ready to jump right in and help Dinozzo. He will be ready to travel to his foster home next weekend. He's now safe with CP and will soon be ready for a new life with a forever family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!