Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Foster Spotlight is On COLONEL!

UPDATE: We are very pleased to announce that Colonel has found his forever family! Are you looking for a TERRIFIC TERRIER? Check out our available cairns! Look for Colonel and other "Happily Ever After" stories on our Post Adoption blog.


Hi! Psst … over here, it’s me Colonel! I think you may have missed my picture on Col. Potter’s available cairns. I am living in New Mexico with my Foster Mom, Deb. The reason I think that you missed my picture is because I have not heard from you! I’ve been waiting for so long and I know if you would just look into my eyes you could see how much that I need you. I really love my foster mom and all my foster brothers and sisters, but I truly want a real Mom and Dad to call my very own. A sister would be nice too!

Do you see me now? I’ve got that cute little one ear up and one ear down going on. Kind of cute, huh? Seeing you have missed so much of my life let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am 7 years young. Did you know that Cairns can live to be 16 years and sometimes older? It’s true. I have spent most of my life in a cage and really never had the chance to be a puppy, but I’m catching up on that now. I love to go outside and play and run cause I never ever got to do that before. Do you have a yard? I bet you do. I would be so, so happy to run and play in your yard with you. I am a very shy boy, where I came from the humans were just not very nice, so I'm a little scared of new people. But I am getting better about meeting new folks. It just takes me a while. And geesh, if I am gonna be your protector some day, you don't want me to like everybody, now do you?! I need someone to help me overcome my shyness and teach me and love me and make me feel like the most special dog in the world! I hardly ever have accidents in the house cause foster mom Deb has been teaching me to be a well trained young dog. Did I tell you I like girl dogs? They like me too. I don’t know about boy dogs though, I think they are just jealous cause all the girls like me! Do you know how to give skritches? It’s okay if you don’t, I can teach you. I love getting skritches it feels so good. I would love to be your special dog and I am so glad we met. I’ll be waiting to hear from you. Just ask for Colonel, I will answer you right away, I promise!

Colonel is a CP history maker! Did you know he was our 2000th Cairn?? If you are interested in adopting this special little guy fill out an adoption application! To read additional updates written by his Foster Mom click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!