Friday, April 24, 2009

Take a Look at Me Now!

UPDATE: We are very pleased to announce that Colonel has found his forever family! Are you looking for a TERRIFIC TERRIER? Check out our available cairns! Look for Colonel and other "Happily Ever After" stories on our Post Adoption blog.



Written by a CP Media Volunteer

Colonel is back in the spotlight to ask you if your heart has room for a special guy. He loves his foster Mom in New Mexico but he is ready for a forever home of his own. Won't you take another look at him?


Dogs from commercial breeding facilities spend their lives in cramped cages with little exercise or loving interaction from humans. They live in their cages with little or no veterinary care or training. It is amazing how resilient they are when given the opportunity.

Colonel spent 6 years in a commercial breeding facility. He faced his new freedom with courage and determination. He has gone from stiff joints due to inactivity to exploring the yard with a cute lope as he investigates his new surroundings and chases and plays with his foster sister. She is a lot more fun than toys.

He likes to cozy up to his foster mom and moves her hand off the computer keyboard when is time to pay more attention to him and give him skritches. He loves to sit outdoors with the other dogs and his foster family. He is still shy around strangers but he warms up once he gets to know them.

Housetraining is proving to be one of his greatest challenges but he is making great strides. He wears a belly band and stays dry for 4 hours at a time. Foster Mom thinks that with a few extra trips outside and some consistency he could be very far along in a matter of a few weeks.

Colonel says:

I want to be your velcro dog. If you are home alot and have time to spend with me I will fill your heart with love and joy. I have one floppy ear so you can always spot me in a crowd. I would like to keep your girl dog company too- I love to play with girls and I would like to be the only boy dog. I need someone who likes to takes me outside and give me a special blueberry treat when I potty outside. Of course I may keep you busy at first! I would love the chance to join your "furmily"


If you would like to see the latest updates from my foster Mom, please click here.

Wait until you see how much progress I have made!

You can see me in action if you click on my video!





The second annual Bark around the World is coming in May! Bark is an event that brings awareness to the plight of the puppymill dog. Look for Col. Potter at Bark and network with local and national groups.

Be inspired by educational speakers and learn how to take action to bring an end to puppymills.

Please join us for a day full of education, music and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!