Wednesday, June 10, 2009

MISSING CAIRN IN ANN ARBOR, MI

Skye

There is an urgent need for assistance in finding Skye in Ann Arbor, Michigan. She has been missing since Saturday. Please review the following information and contact Lindsey to assist if you live in the area and can help.

Skye, formerly Col. Potter's Chastity, has escaped again from my parents' house in Ann Arbor, MI. This time a door blew open in the wind and she ran outside. We think she chased deer across the neighborhood and got lost. Mom and Dad have passed out fliers, put up posters, talked to hundreds of people, placed ads online, put out food, used bloodhounds to track her everything they can think of. She has not been seen since Saturday. They need all the prayers, good thoughts, and help they can get. I would like to help coordinate searches for Skye. (My parents at this point are too exhausted to be able to organize a search, though they of course are continuing to search, put up posters, etc.)

Is there anyone in or around Ann Arbor who can help?

I can tell people where to go, where Skye has been seen, what has been done to try and find her, etc. The only thing is that I am 800 miles away in Georgia, so all of my help will have to be by phone or email. Please let me know if you can help and I will try and organize a search. Please feel free to email me privately at lindseykkerr@gmail.com. If you would like to send your support to my mom, please email her in care of cpcrnblog@gmail.com and your good wishes will be forwarded to her. Please don't call her! I don't want to sound ungrateful for calls, but her cell phone needs to be dedicated to fielding calls of sightings. Also, any time she spends on the phone is time not spent searching.

I have copied below excerpts from an email she sent me this morning at 1am. Again, we appreciate any prayers and good thoughts sent on Skye's behalf.

"No news at all today. At 5am, I checked both beds and neither had been touched. I drove and walked around both Pin Oak and Englave Dr, as well as Steiner at that time. I also drove around the subdivision that is across Newport [Holyoke Ln and Lowell Rd]. I didn't call at first, then I decided to call quietly. I called loudly at Steiner [a school on Newport Rd] and waited for 10 minutes or so. Nothing, nada, zilch. I went back later in the morning and left more fragrant food, but still nothing when I checked the beds again in the afternoon and this evening. I just keep hoping that if she is cruising the neighborhood still."

"We just don't know where to focus, so until we learn something new, I am focused on the area around Steiner. I have to admit, though, that I drive Parkridge,Laurentide and all those streets on the other side of Maple either on the way to Newport or on the way home--hoping that someone has seen her or that she comes when I call. I still cross over the bridge to Barton, in case she is back over there [She had been spotted on Country Club Rd].

"Skye was seen crossing the road from west to east in front of Jean B's house, which is on the east side of Englave Dr, and is the 3rd or 4th house from the southernmost point of Englave; then Englave turns right (west) and becomes Blueberry Lane. The bloodhound followed Skye's trail through the tree line between the Englave subdivision and the Pin Oak subdivision. Almost in a direct line from Jean's house on Englave is White Oak Park (which runs between WhiteOak and Pin Oak) in the Pin Oak Subdivision. I have a line of food going from Skye's crate in Jean's yard to the place in White Oak Park where the bloodhound thought Skye had been and where Skye's other crate is placed."

Lindsey's parents are very worried and appreciate any assistance offered in searching for her. Thank you for your help and your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!