Tuesday, June 23, 2009

PUPPIES AT NINE WEEKS - READY FOR THEIR FOREVER HOMES!

Written by the Puppies' Foster Mom


Champ


Cambridge


Alpine ( Lily )


"Let's Get Champ- he's not looking!"



The puppies are getting busier and busier everyday. They are off and running (they are getting faster!) and playing and chasing and squabbling at times too. Everything they do is with GUSTO!!

They are crate trained now and each do very well and keep the crate clean and dry.

Tomorrow, the puppies will be nine weeks already. Alpine will be the first to leave the nest and will go to a family who lives in my area. They are so excited for her and wil pick her up on Wednesday! Her new name is Lily. Gosh, I'm going to miss that cute little face of hers, but since she is so close, I will get to see her sometimes!!

Champ will leave the following Monday and will be flying to PA with his new mom. His new name is Smudge taken from the Indian tradition of smudging which means 'to remove all negativity'. Smudge's new mom is hoping that Smudge will want to help make people happy as a therapy dog for hospice and nursing homes. It will be so hard to say goodbye to my little champ boy. He is a charmer!

Cambridge will keep her nickname as Camie and is already home here with us!! We FLUNKED and we couldn't be happier. Except every once in a while I think "Oh my God! What was I thinking!!!!" She is a feisty little one, but gets along really well with my Maggie.

Sebring is doing great. She was just spayed and had her teeth all cleaned up nice and purdy on Monday. She is doing great with housetraining and is really good in her crate now. We have continued with the eye drops, but she may have stabilized with the improvement. It doesn't bother her in the least though. She is such a good girl, although, she is another who is afraid of my 16 y/o son. He is getting a complex!!

Oh, and I did clip the puppies huge toenails shortly after taking these pictures. I was looking through them and thought they looked like huge bear claws!! Geeesh.

1 comment:

  1. They are too cute for words! My favorite is little Lily. That little black face kills me. Congrats on your new baby! Feisty girls are the best.
    AUPoohBear

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!