Saturday, August 29, 2009

ABBY'S GUARDIAN ANGEL - THE REST OF THE STORY!

Written by Abby's Mom


After a week of tears, sleepless night and a lot of work by so many people, my baby is home.

I was driving around looking for Abby. When I saw her on a dirt road by a corn field, I chased her down the road until the end but I lost her. I went home and got Bryan. We still had no luck.

When we were leaving a man and 4 dogs came to see what we were doing. (I had left a flyer early so did Mary Ann a few days ago) We filled him in on everything. He said one of his dogs would be able to track her. We went home with me more upset and more tears . She was not looking too good, very thin.

Maybe 5 minutes after being home Mike (the man with the dogs ) called and said he had Abby. She was eating and was OK.. All I could do has cry tears of happiness. He had gone looking with his dogs. They found her, and after about 20 minutes. of chasing her back and forth (she really had no way out ) she just gave up and laid down.


Mike does not want a reward. He was just so happy that he was able to catch her. When we got home Abby had more to eat and drink. Then all she wanted was to have mommy hold her. When I had to get up and I put her down she stayed with me, and wanted me to pick her up. I was more than happy to hold her all night.
I want to say thank you to all of the people that was so willing to help. I could never have got through this without it.

I pray God will bless each of you the way he has me.

2 comments:

  1. Thank Heavens for a Good Samaritan and his dog with good noses.

    I'm so happy for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to everyone.
    Please bear with me as I am new to these sites.
    My name is Michael Pelton, and I am the one who found Abby last week.
    The reason I am writing this today, is to thank ALL OF YOU who sent me a thank you card. It was very much unexpected, and not necessary.
    I have never seen so many good hearted people in one place before.
    What a great thing you all have going here. Don't ever stop.
    Your cards and thoughts have meant a great deal to me, my wife, and our daughter.
    Truth is, I would go crawling throught the brush, and woods, anytime for a lost little dog, and have gone in a few times already for my own dogs.
    I guess I am getting carried away, but, I just wanted to say Thank You all again for your kindness.
    It's all I can do to not send a thank you card in reply to your thank you card, but, we can all see where that will end up... LOL Ha hah ha

    ~Much Love
    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!