Thursday, September 3, 2009

Skye Memorial at Oz - Labor of Love

Written by Kathy C. aka Ozmudder


Just a picture to share with you. After this I won't send anymore. I just needed these to tell the story. We gathered rocks from all over Oz. We stacked them and it looked pretty nice. Just as we got to the top we put one more rock on. It was like the straw that broke the camel's back. The whole thing collapsed and all the rocks started rolling down the hill. It was both exciting and scary for a few moments. You should have seen us side stepping and running to avoid being hit by the rocks. I'm sure anyone seeing this would have laughed. Not me. I cried with every rock that I carried so of course I cried like a baby when this happened. Then I laughed really laughed, the kind of laugh that brings tears.

I'm sure Skye was there. She was so full of mischief. I can't help but feel she had a little paw in this mess. So we gathered them all up and started over again. This time we made the base larger and with each layer we mixed mortar and mortared them together. Didn't I say that Skye/Chastity would never be forgotten?




Today I painted memory rocks for Skye's memorial garden.I'm asking everyone to bring a flower to plant in Skye's memory garden. After planting you will be given a rock to put your name on and a word or small message. This way it will be from all of us. Iwill send out a map sometime soon.

Please scroll back to yesterday's post for the invitation and information about Skye's Memorial garden dedication service on September 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!