Monday, October 26, 2009

A New Little Girl Joins the CP Family and she's got a big surprise for us!!

Written by CP's VP of Intakes



Joy's curves


Joie's new room at her foster home



Last week, a cute little 4 year old girl made her way into the loving arms of CP. Joie de vivre means joy of living in French and this little one personifies that thought! She has some big news to share with you after her foster mom took her to the vet! We'll let her tell you in her own words:


Dere Fambly,

My name is Joie, but you can just call me Joy. I just got to CP this week, so I'm kinda new. I'm quiet and sweet and last night we went to the vet's to have her meet me. She said, Yep, it's just as we suspected. I am 'with puppy'. Ok, I'm with a few puppies. But it's too early to tell just how MANY puppies. So we're just going to wait until the middle of November and then we'll SEE how many puppies have been growing in my tummy!

And there's a really nice girl here named Mary. Every time I see her I start wagging my tail. She's not scary at all. And she cuddles me and loves me. I really like being with her. Another thing I really like here is the CHEESE! They have a special kind of cheese called Harvarti with Dill. It is YUMMY! Mama says I like it because I'm pregnant. (You know, the pickles?) I think I like it because.......well, hello! It's CHEESE!

When we went to the vet, mama put a pretty red and blue harness on me. (That's me in my new harness in the picture.) And I have a special toy I like already. It's small and soft and round, sort of like a little puppy! I like to sleep in my crate. Mama took the door off, since it was in my expen. For the first few days, I spent most of the time in there, but then I tried out my round Walgreen's bed. Now I spend some time in my bed and some time in my crate! I need lots of rest while those puppies are growing in my tummy!

Well, it's getting late, so I'd better get my beauty sleep. I'm adding 3 pictures. The second one is one Auntie Damyell said I needed to show you. It shows my 'curves' right after my bath. She teased me before I went to the vet, saying if I wasn't pregnant, I'd need to JOIN 'Curves'. The first one is on the way home from the vet. We stopped to get a hamburger for dinner and Mama took it while we were in the drive-thru. Well, she got the hamburger. I just got a french fry with cheese, kind of like a cheese lollipop! Notice how much prettier I am already?

I am so excited! The third picture is my new room! I never had a room before...thank you Col. Potter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!