Tuesday, November 10, 2009

DALEY'S RESCUE STORY! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! If you were here you would be getting hugged and kissed, like it or not!!! Instead I will hug and kiss Miss Daley cuz I can!!!!!

Daley was found within minutes of getting out, standing in the middle of the road. A woman spotted her and yelled at the husband driving not to hit her. He slammed on the brakes and honked the horn. Nothing. Daley looked up as if to say WHAT!?! They could not leave her in the street so they took her home. 30 miles from here is where they lived. They had her with them and their four dogs and three cats the entire time. They took Daley to the vet to check her out and have her scanned. Guess what? Daley had a microchip! We did not know that, CP did not know that because the breeder did not tell us and our intake vet did not scan for it or did not have a universal scanner. I never had her scanned because I did not think she had a chip.

Well she does, so the rescue person called the breeder who the chip was traced back to and the breeder called CP's VP of Intakes and she called me and through lots of tears I got the phone number and name of our rescue angel. Within an hour we had our smelly Daley back in our arms. The rescue person did not think to check back in the found area for flyers but had planned on keeping her if her owners could not be found. HA These folks would have been calling me and offering to PAY ME after a few days with Miss Daley.

Last night my husband and I were laying in bed (yes I let him sleep in the bed again) listening to Daley do her scratching and sliding across the cold air return grate for about an hour. Finally I said, "I am calling that woman back to see if she still wants her!" Of course I was just kidding and we fell asleep to Daley's nightly routine of noise, with huge smiles on our faces.

THANK YOU ALL for the support and encouragement. A second set of tags will be made for every dog and microchips will be inserted, even if I have to do it myself. If my legs were not so sore I would be putting thank you flyers on every door, since I put lost dog flyers up and the entire neighborhood was so supportive I feel I should thank them. I don't think I will thank the city, something about 'against the law to put up flyers' and '$1000 fine' and such nonsense as that.

Thank You Thank You Thank You, never would have my girl back if it wasn't for this fantastic group!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!