Wednesday, November 25, 2009

LET'S GIVE THANKS FOR CP'S THANKSGIVING FEAST!

Written by CP's VP of Intakes

How many of you have family and friends that just don't understand why you volunteer with a rescue group ... and then a dog rescue group on top of it? There's no salary, it takes away from your personal and family time, you're always being asked to help with something and donate for something ... I know I have many family and friends who think I'm a crazy dog lady ... and you know what ... I'm just fine with that! I believe there is no better gift than to give of your time and your talents to something you love and believe in. I'm one of those people who would generally prefer to spend time with dogs than with many people ... and I can't think of a better way to give and to help than rescuing Cairn Terriers and in the process have found some of my best and closest friends right here at Col. Potter.

Tomorrow, when I sit down for Thanksgiving dinner, one of the things I am most thankful for is Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network. When you think about what this group of 100% volunteers has been able to accomplish and the difference we have been able to make in the lives of more than 2500 Cairns in a relatively short period of time, it is truly remarkable! And I know those 2500+ Cairns are very thankful there was a Col. Potter Cairn Rescue to give them a second chance at a happily ever after.

Last weekend, three more little Cairns joined the CP family, three more little Cairns I am thankful I was able to be a small part of helping to freedom and knowing they will now have a wonderful future of love and care. Tomorrow, I will be thinking about CP's Thanksgiving Feast and not only the difference I have been able to make on their lives, but what a difference they and all the others have made on mine:

Drumstick: Male, wheaten, DOB 5/28/05, 17.8#


Dressing: Female, wheaten, DOB 3/14/01, 12/1#



Yams: Female, wheaten, DOB 10/29/07, 14#


Please help me welcome CP's Thanksgiving Feast and remember to give thanks tomorrow for all that we have. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!