Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sad News About Sally, lost cairn in Huntley, Illinois

Sent by a CP Volunteer

First of all, I want to thank everyone who helped in the search for Sally and all of those who included her in their prayers.

Below is an email we received from Carol (Sally's owner). I wanted everyone to know, Carol has continued to pay for Lost ads in the local newspapers and did everything she possibly could have done to bring Sally home.

My heart is very, very heavy for Carol and her family. Please say a little prayer for Carol and her family.

"It is with a very heavy and sad heart that I am writing this. Sally's body has been found. She left the 6th hole and was found behind the 8th in all that open land. A spot that was searched many times over. The elements seemed to have gotten to her. She was not hit by a car or overtaken by coyotes. My parents picked up her body today and brought her to the vet for a positive i.d. We will have her cremated and bury her in our backyard. Obviously, not the outcome we had all hoped and prayed for, but closure at least.

Thanks again to all that helped in her search. If I missed anyone on the e-mail list, please forward on. I sent a donation to Col. Potter in California last week in honor of all of your work and effort

Sincerely,
Carol"

1 comment:

  1. My stomach sank. I'm so sorry for your loss...I have lost a Cairn as well after he escaped and it is very different from losing any other animal - it really, really hurts, and I'm so sorry this is how the search turned out. My thoughts are with you guys, and good on you for donating to Col. Potter as a result.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!