Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tired Dog - Comic Relief!

An older, tired-looking, dog wandered into my yard. I could tell fromhis collar and well-fed belly, that he had a home and was well taken care of. He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up inthe corner and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door and I let him out....

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside andresumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. Thiscontinued off and on for several weeks.

Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: "I would like to find out whothe owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware thatalmost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap ?"

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned tohis collar:"He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3,-- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"


Please help Col. Poter to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome cairn terriers by participating in the Shelter Challenge on our behalf. The details are below.




Please vote once a day for Col. Potter in the Animal Rescue Site's "Shelter Challenge"! Search for Col. Potter in Medina, OH. Feel free to cross-post and please pass this on to your friends and neighbors!

Vote in the Shelter Challenge by clicking the following link: VOTE HERE

Need more detailed instructions? Click the following link: SHOW ME HOW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!