Tuesday, May 4, 2010

FROM THEM, THOSE WHO AWAIT US

Contributed by a CP Volunteer
found on a pet loss website


Dedicated to all who have loved and lost a companion animal

~FROM THEM, THOSE WHO AWAIT US~

To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never
loved at all.

For all of the times that you stooped and touched my head, fed me my
favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave
to you. For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly. For all of
these things I am grateful and thankful. I ask that you grieve not
for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched
each others lives.

My life was fuller because you were there, not as owner, but as my
friend. Today, I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green,
butterflies flit among the flowers and the sun shines gently down
upon all of God's creatures. I can run, jump and play and do all of
the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching
joints and no regrets and no aging. We await the arrival of our
lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever. You live
in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are very rare
and unique.

For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as
we are.

They whom we love and lose are no longer where they were before.
They are now wherever we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!