Monday, July 5, 2010

Please welcome Lysander

Written by a CP volunteer



Lysander was picked up as a stray by animal control and brought to a high kill shelter outside of Atlanta, GA. I was sent his information from a shelter volunteer, and I forwarded his info and photos to intakes. I, Naggy Nancy, inquired on his status a bunch, and felt the least I could do was offer to have him come hang out at the barking boys ranch (aka my home).

Maureen, Deb, and Laura, were instrumental in getting him out of there, taking him to the vet, and putting him on a plane to Connecticut. His flight was on my birthday, so Mo volunteered to go to the airport and fetch him for me.

He is a sweetie, full of affection and kisses, and great with dogs, kids and adults. He loves scritches, naturally. Walks well on leash and is easily handled and very tolerant of poking and prodding. He is very playful and spunky and races through the yard with my other young foster girl.

Lysander is not more than 2 years old, and about 15 lbs. So far he demonstrates good house manners. He is attentive to tone of voice and fairly obedient. Welcome to Col. Potter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!