Friday, May 13, 2011

Eraser Laments

Written by CP foster Eraser


A year ago we would not have repaired a sock in this house but with the costof gas at 4$ and bills raising , we did our part to lower the house expences..soonto the internet to learn how to repair a sock,, ok first find the needle andthread 4 hours later a rusty needle from the back of the kitchen drawer and anice red thread to match the black sock , it seems you have to knit the holetogether with a this and that way knit and sew and pulling type of thing, itlooked wonderfull except my shirt sleve was sewed to the sock, so snip snip offcomes a small corner of the sleve,now there is a shirt to repair and the redthread will look wonderfull on the grey shirt, ouch sew ouch sew ouch sew itseems the more holes i poke in my fingers the less pain each sequencial pokefeels and with each bandaid my profit margin decreased,when i proudley pulled onmy sock with my bloody throbbing fingers , and i saw how pretty my gray shirtwith red trim was, said to myself "next time ill just buy a new pair",, Erasermayor of Inwood

Response written to Eraser and his foster Dad


Okay, so that's called darning. I have never been good at it. My mom was a
genuis....so, get used to the needle jabs. Next time get a new needle. You may
get blood poisoning with the rusty one....

You make my day, every day. You know you can not give up Eraser, he is yours.
Who else can get a cairn to darn a sock.

Eraser and Cindy U. are being fostered in Pennsylvania and you can learn more about them and the other cairns available for adoption by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!