Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday Flashback: Kessler has no Komplaints!

Written by CP Kessler nka Kepler
Originally posted 8/12/2014 on the Post Adoption Blog

Look at me!  I got a New Mom!!!
You know, it seems like just the other day when those people over at Animal Services rescued me from that awful situation, out in the freezing cold, but then said I was “unadoptable” because I had so many things wrong with me.  I remember looking up at the pity in their eyes, thinking that I was about to have a rendezvous with my maker…

But look at me now!!!!!

That passionate Intake Coordinator over at Col. Potter just wouldn’t give up on me!  Col. Potter to the Rescue!  Nine years old?  No problem!  Sick?  Very sick?  No problem!  Intact?  No problem!  To be fair, they didn’t ask me on that one, but that’s fine.  A sacrifice I was willing to make!

So Col. Potter Rescued me, for real this time, and then my Foster Mom and Dad did an unbelievable job, following the doctors’ orders and getting me healed and healthy again.  I even got my hair back!

Then these really great people - really, really nice! - decided they wanted a mature dog, just like me, to keep Darwin company, and what a great deal that turned out to be!  Darwin, as far as I knew, was a stuffy old scientist of some kind.  I was a little worried because I even think he might not be actually living anymore, so I wasn’t sure what kind of company I was supposed to be keeping, but it turned out that Darwin is a dog!  Another Cairn just like me!  He is great to keep company with!  He will clean out my bowl, even, if I don’t feel like finishing every bite, and he is very good company at the groomers where Mom took us to get cleaned up.

I know this looks bad, but it’s just my new brother Darwin and me waiting for our bath – no problem!
See!  Darwin will clean up my bowl for me - what a guy!
And I have a new name!  Mom and Dad decided they needed another scientist in the house, so they named me “Kepler” after the astronomer, Johannes Kepler.  Now, in all fairness, Darwin and I did keep our eyes on the Super Moon this week, but I don’t think we are going to get carried away with scientific activities.  After all, Darwin and I find keeping our focus on our family and our bright future is more than satisfactory, especially since that’s all about the science of Love!

Thanks to everyone at Col. Potter who put the “R” in Rescue!

Read my Intake Story Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with us!